As the largest search engine in the world for video, and second largest search platform overall behind Google, YouTube is a critical marketing and communication channel for all types of business. If you’re not using YouTube to your advantage, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity.
A few YouTube statistics:
· YouTube receives over 1.7 billion unique visitors every month
· 73% of adults use YouTube, while 90 percent of 18 to 24-year olds prefer YouTube
· YouTube content reaches more 18 - 49 year olds than any broadcast or TV network
· People watch over 1 billion hours of video on YouTube per day, more than Netflix and Facebook combined
· Visitors spend an average of 19 minutes per day on YouTube
· 92% of internet users watch some kind of video content online each week
· Users who view TrueView YouTube ads to completion are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to the brand’s channel
· TrueViewYouTube advertising increases views of previous content by as high as 500%
We highly recommend adding videos to YouTube as it’s a great resource for customers and helps with your search engine optimization. You can also look at creating pre-roll ads forYouTube which have proven to be very impactful for all kinds of brands. One thing to consider when producing a video for YouTube is developing great creative because you have only seconds to capture the viewer’s attention. This applies to all types of videos including not only sales and marketing videos but also training videos, executive message videos and content marketing videos.
Producing good quality video content for YouTube is an art form that takes skill. When you have experienced professionals coming up with your creative, directing talent, capturing great images, animation and everything else that goes into producing quality video, it has a huge impact on enhancing your brand. On the flip side, if you’re posting boring, poor-quality videos on your YouTube channel it can damage your brand and cause you to lose credibility with your customers, employees and other stakeholders.
Planning your YouTube video content is also a great way to make use of its reach and impact. We work with many organizations on creating YouTubeVideo Integration Plans which involves taking a longer term look at the type of videos you are going to produce and share on YouTube. For example, if you’re wanting to provide current and prospective customers with “How-To” videos, we recommend listing out all of the video topics and creating a schedule for release of each video. Or if you’re looking to create product profile videos to share on YouTube it helps if you have a style of production that you use for each video. The consistency will help with the production process and your viewers will start to recognize your companies’ videos.
For more information on producing YouTube videos for your organization please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org